Thank you to those that joined us on September 12, 2022 for our first Direct Funding training of SY 22-23.
For those unable to attend, here are the slides and a link to access the training recording. Additionally, all information discussed can be found on our Direct Funding Guidance Page. For additional guidance, book an appointment with our team during Office Hours, held Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons starting at 3:30 PM. We are also having another training on September 21 at 3 p.m. (register here).
Upcoming Important Dates
- January 1, 2023: Schools and districts must report 75% of their allocation or have submitted a pre-approval request.
- May 12, 2023: Last day to report expenses for SY 22-23.
- June 30, 2023: Final checks sent.
Once you have submitted a signed award letter you will have access to the Reporting Portal to submit requests for reimbursement.
Portal Login Assistance
If you experience any problems logging into the portal or gaining access, please submit a password request and our team will email you back within 24 hours.
Submitting a Request for Reimbursement
- Complete the detailed expense reporting template
- The Detail Expense Reporting Template (updated for SY 22-23) is a spreadsheet that documents each individual expense. In order to be approved, all requests and back up documentation must match items listed on the expense report.
- Provide expense documentation
- Each school has been assigned a share link to upload expense documentation, such as receipts, contracts, and affidavits.
- To find your share link, log into the portal. Copy and paste the link into your browser. You will be taken to a folder, where you can upload the documents.
- May include affidavits and employment contracts for staffing documentation.
- Make sure that your files are clearly named – remember that we will have to match this backup to the expenses listed on your Detailed Expense Template!
- Submit verification form
- Our team will process the report within 15 business days, unless we need additional time to communicate with your school district/school. Please do not submit a new reimbursement while an existing reimbursement is being processed.
- If we have questions about your documentation or an expense, we will reach out to the contact submitted on the verification form. We ask that you respond in a timely manner so that we can continue processing your report.
Supplemental Funds and Preapproval
- Request supplemental funding and/or preapproval for reimbursement by the NMDOH/NMPED committee https://nmschoolscovidtesting.com/form-supplemental-preapproval/
- Requesting funds above the initial allocation; either because funds were spent during the 21-22 school year or you expect to exceed your allocation during the 22-23 school year.
- Request preapproval from the NMDOH/NMPED committee for expenses
Allowable Expenses Reference Guide
For help determining what to report, visit our expense reference guide to search by item.