Instructions for Self-Prepared Reimbursement Request
As a New Mexico public district or charter, you are eligible to use your own accounting system to request reimbursements through this program. The reimbursements should look identical to the RfRs you submit in OBMS for other federal funds. The New Mexico Public Education Department, however, will not be issuing the funds for this grant. Please do not submit any requests for reimbursements for this program to the Public Education Department via OBMS.
To prepare your reimbursement, create an RfR by creating a system-generated report, exactly like you would for any other RfR submission. The dates of the RfR may begin on July 1, 2021, at the earliest, and end on the date listed on this page. The fund code is 28211. Make sure that the total request amount corresponds to supporting documentation.
In the “Description” fields, please provide a complete description of the expense and, if appropriate, how it relates to your COVID-19 prevention, mitigation, and response.
Do not submit your Request for Reimbursement to OBMS. Instead, upload your RfR – reports and back-up -to the share link provided to you on this page.
If you would prefer not to use your own accounting system, an alternative is available to you. Please contact email@example.com for more details.
A few other notes:
- You will be responsible for submitting documentation for all of your expenses, including those made through the advance.
- If you would not like to receive the full amount of your reimbursement, please note this on your final reimbursement request verification form.
- Reports will be processed on a biweekly basis.
- Please do not submit a new reimbursement while an existing reimbursement is being processed.
- We recommend submitting requests often, rather than waiting until the end of the year or the quarter.
- All money must be expended by June 30, 2022.
- If you have feedback on this program, please let us know by submitting this quick form!